Cleaning out the Pantry Cookies
October 15, 2010 § Leave a comment
So in an effort to use up of a bunch of baking goods that we can’t ship overseas with our household goods, I decided to make some experimental cookies. They were based off of a vegan recipe that my sister made with applesauce, but these are not vegan.
Cleaning out the Pantry Cookies:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup organic steel cut oats
2 tbsp flax seeds
1/4 cup craisins (add more to taste)
1/4 cup raisins (add more to taste)
1. Set oven to 350
2. Melt butter & stir in brown sugar, sugar, eggs, egg white, milk & vanilla
3. In a separate bowl mix whole wheat flour, salt & baking soda
4. Slowly pour flour mixture into the butter & sugar mixture until well mixed.
5. Add oats, flax & craisin/raisins.
6. Put on cookie sheet & bake 15-18 min or until your house smells delicious 🙂
I did a distance training run today so I earned those cookies!
9 miles in 1hr:26min. Barely faster than a 10 min mile but my knee was giving me issues again. I’ve been running on a trail for most of my long runs & I think that the constant change in terrain is doing something funky to my knee. I’ve been wearing a brace but once I go past 6 miles it gets really uncomfortable. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a rest day. I don’t want to be injured before the St. Pete 1/2 Marathon in November!